Singapore’s Breathtaking Supertree Groove (Man Made trees)

Have you ever wonder to visualize a futuristic mechanical paradise originating from the concept of sci-fi movies we have been watching all the time? Well you don’t have to imagine it anymore! Thoughtfully designed by Singapore government is the astonishing waterfront gardens known as Garden by the Bay which consist of stunning vertical supertrees  mechanically constructed in a way that the whole area radiates into green natural paradise!

DSC_0153.jpg

Location

These Supertrees, also termed as, ‘Supertree Groove’ is located right inside the Gardens by the bay. These gardens are further situated in the central part of Singapore adjoining the Marina reservoir.

Map1.jpg

Design

The complete central area of Gardens by the bay consists of 18 Supertrees from a height ranging from 25m(82ft) to 50m(164ft). Each tree is further divided into 3 segments:

• The core is made of Reinforced concrete.
  • The trunk is made of steel frame which is covered with planting panels on top to act as a living skin for plants.
  • The canopy, whose branches are design in the form neuron wave network radiating outwards on the top.

More than 100 thousand plants consisting of numerous species and varieties of Orchid, ferns and climbing flowers are planted on them.

DSC_0134.jpg

Interconnecting walkway

The Supertrees are also connected together with an interconnecting 128m long elevated walkway (also known as ‘OCBC Skyway’) which enables visitors to walk and explore the breathtaking views of Gardens and Marina Bay Skyline of Singapore.

DSC_0110

DSC_0164

Capture2.JPG

Self-Sustainability

The Supertrees have self-sustainable solar energy which is generated by photo-voltaic system installed among 11 of them. This energy further aids in providing electricity which is used for illuminating the trees at night.

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0341 (2)

DSC_0320 (2)DSC_0329.jpg

The large canopies that provide shade in the day and come alive with an exhilarating display of light and sound at night. The entire design is transformed into a theme of mesmerizing vertical garden concept which is amazing to experience.

The supertree Groove and the entire Gardens by the bay is one of the best illustration of exemplary architecture masterpiece design ever being constructed and came to existence. No matter how many times I have come back to visit these gardens in Singapore, I had always got lost in the spectacular beauty of their stunning designs. And thus, I definitely recommend for every traveler or person to visit and experience this paradise at least once in their lifetime!

DSC_0311 (2).JPG

Click on this link to check my video compilation of beautiful Supertree Groove.

Have you been to Singapore? What was your experience? or do you wish to visit Singapore to see this design yourself? Feel free to share your comments!

41 Comments Add yours

1. Rekha says:

Such a treat to the eyes.😀

2. Amazing photos of the supertrees. They are pretty fantastic 🙂

1. Thank you. Glad you like them 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing them.

1. I’m glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Oh my!! This place is breathtaking..

1. Thank you! It was amazing being there! 😊

5. kasiawrites says:

That looks awesome! Can’t wait to see it one day!

1. Thanks, you will love it! 🙂

6. moorezart says:

Reblogged this on From 1 Blogger 2 Another.

1. moorezart says:

You’re welcome

7. Harbans says:

Wonderful sharing.

1. Harbans says:

My pleasure. :))

8. pjlazos says:

This is amazing! I hope to one day travel to Singapore and see such beautiful sustainable trees in action. Thanks for sharing!🙏

1. Than you! I’m glad you like it! I also wish you can visit Singapore soon! 🙂

9. calmkate says:

wow a great architectural feat but not sure I’m a big fan … only in Singapore! Looks very science fictional to me ..

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks, the reason I mainly loved it was due it’s architectural innovation, but I can alo relate to your choice as Well! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

1. calmkate says:

Nice to meet you … I’ve published a few poems about trees recently, the green growing kind 🙂

2. Nice to meet you too! Will surely check them out! 🙂

3. calmkate says:

only if you have time, we all like different styles 🙂

10. outdoorsneed says:

WOW!!!!!! really these are man made trees? Good piece of work its looking the trees in avatar movie.

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes these are man made trees! One of famous architecture marvellous design of Singapore! Thanks for stopping by!

11. frejatravels says:

Beautiful photos. Yes, I visited Singapore many times before and it is the most convenient transit when I travel to Asia or New Zealand but I have not been to this garden. Will be on my list for next visit:)

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Its iconic landmarks of Singapore, you should definitely try it next time if you get a chance! 🙂

1. frejatravels says:

Yes, it is on my list as I travel to Asia quite often:)

2. Thats nice! All the best for your future travels! 🙂

12. dpranita583 says:

I will definitely go after Diwali.Thanks for the nice post.

Liked by 1 person

1. You will like it there! Thanks for stopping by!

13. Kamila Pala says:

Great post and lovely destination! I have been there a couple years ago, beautiful! Bye. Kamila

Liked by 2 people